Talroo, Inc. (“Talroo” or “Company”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you provide when you: (1) visit a Talroo owned and operated website (a “Website”), (2) interact with our advertising (“Advertising”) on other websites (if such advertising includes links to this policy), or (3) use a Talroo owned and operated mobile application (the “App”)(referred to jointly herein as the “Digital Assets”). This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On a Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and a Website.
- Through our Advertising.
- Through the App.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), unless such website includes links to this policy; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from a Digital Asset.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Digital Assets are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information through the Digital Assets. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information through the Digital Assets. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can log in to our services and Advertising using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address, to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on a Website to your profile page to share with others within your network. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH FACEBOOK OR ANY OTHER THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Digital Assets, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as date of birth, gender, marital status, vehicle information, current insurance coverage, vehicle usage, driver history; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Digital Assets, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through a Website or interact with the Advertisements or use the App. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through a Digital Asset may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on a Digital Asset. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored or administered by us, and when you report a problem with a Digital Asset.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with a Digital Asset, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to a Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on a Website and when you interact with the Advertisements.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Use of anonymous, unique identifiers.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). To opt out, click here.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Digital Assets and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Digital Assets according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to a Website or Advertisements.
- To coordinate advertising and reporting across devices and browsers.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of a Website and our Advertisements and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Location Information. The App collects real-time information about the location of your device.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .
How We Use Your Information
We use information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present a Website and its contents and Advertising to you.
- To provide you with access and use of the Digital Assets, information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to a Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display Advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an Advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
You may register to receive communications, including job alerts and marketing communications, via short message service (“SMS Service”). Participation in the SMS Service is not necessary to use a Digital Asset. By registering to participate in the SMS Service, you certify that you are authorized: (i) to enroll the designated mobile phone number in the SMS Service, and (ii) to incur any mobile message or data charges that may be incurred by participating in the SMS Service.
You may subscribe to the SMS Service by entering and submitting your mobile phone number and full name in the provided submission form available through a Digital Asset. By entering this information and completing the submission form, you consent to Talroo and other third parties contacting you on your mobile phone for marketing purposes.
By subscribing to the SMS Service, you expressly consent and agree to accept and receive communications, including Talroo and third-party marketing communications, via text message to your mobile device and to the cellular/mobile telephone number(s) that you provided to us. The information in any message may be subject to certain time lags and/or delays.
You can text STOP to stop receiving text messages from Talroo and HELP to receive help. You consent that following such a request to unsubscribe, you may receive one final message confirming that you have unsubscribed.
By participating in the SMS Service, you approve any such charges from your mobile carrier. Check your carrier’s plan for details. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible and liable for obtaining, maintaining, and paying all charges related to your mobile device(s).
Talroo is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected messages, including (but not limited to) undelivered messages resulting from any form of filtering by your mobile carrier or service provider or otherwise.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to cancel or suspend any or all of the SMS Service, in whole or in part, for any reason, with or without notice to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Talroo, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Talroo, Inc. is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Talroo, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices.
Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices.
Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
You may also have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), click here to learn more.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, Talroo does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, we deploy cookies, web beacons, and other technologies on a Website. Those tools may be used by us, our customers, and third parties to collect information about you and your Internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to a Website or through our Advertising. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
6433 Champion Grandview Way Bldg 2, Ste 100, Austin, TX 78750