Talroo.com and Jobs2Careers.com (our "Website") is owned by Talroo, Inc. f/k/a InsidersReferral.com Inc. and Jobs2Careers ("Talroo" or "We"). We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information about your job candidacy and job search (e.g., your work experience), information about your activities on Talroo, and demographic information, such as gender, geographic area, and preferences; and
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website, including usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners. We may receive information about you, including personal information, from third parties via an opt-in process, and may combine this information with other information we maintain about you.
Please note that some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Website. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to Talroo.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when you create an account, subscribe to our service, or request further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- In connection with chargeable services, details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You may communicate with other users and/or provide information to be published or displayed through on the Website, including on our blog or community forums (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
You can log in to our blog using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and e-mail address, to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Website to your profile page to share with others within your network. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH FACEBOOK OR ANY OTHER THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including your Internet protocol address, browser type, domain names, access times, and operating system, and details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Talroo, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Web Analytics. We may use Google Analytics or other analytics software to track aggregate and anonymous user behavior on our Website. To learn more, please review the document entitled “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps,” located at google.com/privacy/partners.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its content to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, including information about job opportunities.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To send you our newsletter.
- To forward you messages from other users.
- To contact you in connection with your transactions, postings, and other activities on the Website.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your preferences in your account profile or send an email to email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To monitor, review, store and analyze your content (including your resumes) that you send, store or receive, including via automated means and otherwise, for data analysis, quality control, and to refine the Website or any other Talroo product or service (including to provide better search results and other listings for job seekers and employers, provide you with personally relevant product features, and to prevent and block fraud and spam or reduce unwanted mail).
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Talroo’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Talroo about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of receiving such marketing communications. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Talroo, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Opting out of job alerts and marketing offers from Talroo. Click here to stop receiving job alerts and marketing offers from Talroo. You may also opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in Talroo emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take up to three business days for the opt-out notification to be fully processed.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website: networkadvertising.org/choices.
You may register to receive communications, including job alerts and marketing communications, via short message service ("SMS Service"). Participation in the SMS Service is not necessary to use the Website. By registering to participate in the SMS Service, you certify that you are authorized: (i) to enroll the designated mobile phone number in the SMS Service, and (ii) to incur any mobile message or data charges that may be incurred by participating in the SMS Service.
You may subscribe to the SMS Service by entering and submitting your mobile phone number and full name in the provided submission form available on our Website. By entering this information and completing the submission form, you consent to Talroo and other third parties contacting you on your mobile phone for marketing purposes.
By subscribing to the SMS Service, you expressly consent and agree to accept and receive communications, including Talroo and third-party marketing communications, via text message to your mobile device and to the cellular/mobile telephone number(s) that you provided to us. The information in any message may be subject to certain time lags and/or delays.
You can text STOP to stop receiving text messages from Talroo and HELP to receive help. You consent that following such a request to unsubscribe, you may receive one final message confirming that you have unsubscribed.
By participating in the SMS Service, you approve any such charges from your mobile carrier. Check your carrier’s plan for details. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible and liable for obtaining, maintaining, and paying all charges related to your mobile device(s).
Talroo is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected messages, including (but not limited to) undelivered messages resulting from any form of filtering by your mobile carrier or service provider or otherwise.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to cancel or suspend any or all of the SMS Service, in whole or in part, for any reason, with or without notice to you.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. The name and email address on the account must match our records to request access. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, Talroo does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, we deploy cookies, web beacons, and other technologies on our Website. Those tools may be used by us, our customers, and third parties to collect information about you and your Internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.